Thursday, May 7, 2015

Notice the changes and celebrate them




Today I experienced something I haven't been able to in a very long time...we are talking ten years or more! I was able to sit comfortably in the back of my car and use a seatbelt!

Because of Steven's injuries I have been the primary driver for awhile. On the rare occasion I've sat in either the front or back passenger seat...well it's always been an extremely uncomfortable situation. The front passenger seatbelt was a struggle. As in I was struggling to breathe while strapped in. The back seat? Yeah that wasn't going to happen three months ago. Today? I was able to buckle in comfortably. 

So why am I taking photos and talking about it? Because the small victories matter. Learning to celebrate any accomplishment no matter how big or small is what makes this journey different
from all the other ones I've tried to take in the past. 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Cat! Congratulations! Your post today made me smile 😊 you are right - the small victories are the ones that lead you to the big victories. Celebrate that with a smile of your own! 👍
    Jen

    ReplyDelete