Friday, May 15, 2015

Stessed

Today this smile on my face is just for show. 
My level of stress today found me tearing up in front of my son's teachers & it wasn't that single tear stuff either. No we are talking about full on crying. The optimistic side of me wants to believe that it was a pretty cry, but I'm pretty sure it was the sort of ugly pre-nervous breakdown cry that teacher's write about on their blog or talk about at yearly conferences.

Yes I was a hot mess. And the source of my extreme stress? My son. 

Without going into the kiddo's life, I will just say this.

School...missing assignments...lying & attitude...failing classes.

Yeah that's been my past few weeks.

So how am I handling this crap-tastic amount of stress?

Am I going to the gym? I should but I'm using the fact that my abs and back have boycotted any movement today as a reason not to go.

Am I talking with someone? No. This is a mom thing and it feels like I'm failing. I don't want a pep talk (although I probably need one) and I don't want to come across as just a negative complainer to the few people that I've started to make a connection with. 

Am I eating? Yes. Yes I am. I'm still watching the calorie amount but the food choice I'm making cannot be found on any healthy or superfood list. It's a bit of progress. However, I am still turning to food to deal & that's not ok.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment