Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Who Do You See?

When you look at pictures of yourself, what do you see? How about in the mirror? What about in the eyes of your family and friends?  Self-perception has such a big affect on how we live our lives, what we think we deserve, and the way we love ourselves.

I've been giving my self-perception a lot of thought over the last few days, and have come to the conclusion that I have let the words of others influence the way I see myself for far too long.  As an adult, I am still letting the horrible words said to me as a child color my thoughts…despite the fact that I now know they were said to hide their own insecurities and pain.

So I've come to a decision!  The words of the past will not affect how I see myself any longer!  I'm better than that and deserve better.  We all do!

From now on I will remember and believe that I am and have always been

…a good daughter


…sassy

…a dork

...cute



… goofy



…a great wife


…smart


…a valued friend 


...a loving mom


...an artist

…and one hell of a cook!

I get that others might not see me the way I see myself...and thats ok!  They can see what they want to see, but isn't it time that we all start seeing for ourselves who we are?

<3 -Cat

1 comment: